Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Stand (in the place where you live)

Monk stance revamps are now live. =) The basic martial styles all operate as described in the previewed help file. I'm pretty excited about the tactical space this opens up for monks, and I've spent a lot of time testing it out - I hope I got everything right, but nobody's perfect, hehehe.

I have more stances in testing, but they won't be put on live just yet. Philosophy of solitude may make it soon, depending on some internal circumstances. Philosophy of wine won't be seen until I start working on subclass abilities, as not all monks will get it. =)

Ghoul update is now live too. Hopefully three massive mounds of rotting earth, each sprouting forth 16+ attacks' worth of bloody talons and knee-teething, has enough of a cool factor for those lamenting the old skeleton spam.

I will be on vacation from Tuesday, June 23rd through Thursday, July 2nd. I'll be taking my work with me, so hopefully I can get some Scar progress done in between sun and fun (and I'll have interweb access, so I'll at least get my fix). See you all with more development fun next week!

4 comments:

  1. Wow i think this is the first time i've been excited for a class that's not one that i would play. Awesome street-fighter feel to it. alpha combo with power-ups. If ijiwaru don't get fixed i might just go monk-stly 36 crazy fist YO!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Word to the wise, Nijlo hates it when you compare Nodeka to Street Fighter. I don't know why, he just does. This update looks awesome.

    Have a great vacation, Mr. Whim!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it has something to do with the old days when you could get a double KO from counters.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great essentially class re-write. I am still getting used to the changes. While initally has been slow offers a lot more options to the game and I get the sense it has more potential..

    On a side note, I would love if the burst drop message and the long affect drop message were not the same.

    Berengei

    ReplyDelete