Friday, June 19, 2009

Coming up next...

The change to sigil of the undead army has been implemented and I've had it in testing for a few days now; it feels good enough to take it live in the next update. The eight skeletons have been reduced to three ghoul mounds (piles of earth with ghoul claws and heads bursting out of them). They each get a ton of attacks plus a couple of kneecap bites. (I love kneecap bites.)

I've run a lot of scripted tests; the overall damage output of the ghoul mounds is similar to that of the eight-skeleton army at 100% mastery with a good level of willpower. There is a loss of certain advantages (eightfold kicks/impairments/thunderous strikes etc.), but the new version is more scalable with both willpower and masteries and alleviates the item and output spam.

That update will come along with a revamp of the monk stance system, once testing is complete. I'm really enjoying the new monk styles in testing. =) I'll be on vacation for a week from next Tuesday, so this update should come through before then.

1 comment:

  1. Interesting, the reduction on eq management will be a big plus for me wanting to return to this class

    ReplyDelete