Monday, May 25, 2009

We've already obtained far too much!

Update 5/26...

This is why they kept screaming 'Protect the Warlocks!!!'. =)

Note #1: This is not live yet. Keep your eye on the MotD, I should be able to get this live tomorrow at some point. It's a little diversion I started coding during the weekend between binges of Scar work.

Note #2: This is now live. There are some kinks to work out, especially with NPC response time; I'll work on that tonight. Enjoy, and keep Ruushi safe... if not for the principle, then for the fact that the less damage Ruushi takes from the invaders, the more platinum reward Commandant Vai-shan is able to deal out. =) I'll probably eventually expand on this event by adding desirable merchants and services that 'flee the city' when Ruushi suffers too much damage; that's for the future though.

Note #3: The 5/27 update gave the event a major upgrade. =) Theres a scrounger in Ruushi who'll stick around as long as the city is defended, dynamic scaling so that the reinforcements that arrive are the type of invaders that are most needed for the players that 'run out', there are huge rare-spawn bosses that drop heads that... well, lots of stuff. =)

13 comments:

  1. So, Vl'lak but I not see anything!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know you are working on it and you probably know all the thoughts of the players who were there for the 1st run of the event, but no harm adding something here to start the chat.

    My main thoughts are on the initial output when everyone went to dive in to try this out it became very confusing. On that thought maybe a 'tell' to the active player or something that goes to the output window to draw attention to the fact its your turn might be an idea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What in tarnation is going on while I'm at work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I heard Odinn say he got a scrap off of one of the mobs while the initial trial went on yesterday. I note here it says plat rewards with other stuff at a later date, so is it so that scraps are available at this time?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I got a scrap again last night.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Normal everyday scraps or something new?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Are there plans to hold these events at a different time? They seem to occur while I'm at work...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh hey, I'm participating! It doesn't seem to give me credit when I vanish and ambush my target.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I believe they are around every 2 hours.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The lookout did yell...
    [ A Ruushi lookout yells ]: 'Defenders, beware! A Leviathan of the High Plains approaches from the invasion gate!'

    ...and we did go hence forth and handed him an arse kicking as befitting anyone who invades our city.

    Problem is the little blighter kept his head... how unfair is that!

    There were 4 of us and I think Kalu landed the kill blow with myself as tank throughout the fight, neither of us got anything and the output on death did not show anyone getting anything neither was there an output for an invis char getting the drop.

    Bug?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Correct, lack of heads was a bug - fixed. =) Sorry!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Since you didn't feel like sending me a tell :(
    Haha jk.
    Here's my idea.

    So I've come up with an idea, just spit balling here. But during the invasion, classes that don't have pets, or even classes that do; possibly make a NPC that offers a serve like so -

    You go to a helper NPC, like watch-captain, that offers a service that will allow for a player to take on a follower. Ie - For morals, a paladin; For immorals, an undead, and something for impartials, thas has 1/2 the stats the player has, but comes with a price. With each succesful ogre taken out with the help of the follower NPC, the reward is lessen by 100 plat or so. The follower NPC will be able to hit and is affected by the flanking ability. Or can do other things. Idk.

    Just an idea to make things a little bit more interesting and fun. =]

    ReplyDelete