Sunday, May 17, 2009

I just wanna tell you how I'm feeling

The Scar is complete in the skeletal AI structure, which is very exciting for me. =) That is, I have a live setup which successfully does event initiation, player recruiting, event scoring, player contribution accumulation, event scoring/conclusion, and cleanup. (So basically, I can play against myself in an empty roomdescriptionless area! Whee!)

It'll be even more exciting when I can actually get this live, hehehe. Right now I'm working on the internal AI - the mobs inside the event that provide support, missions and such. Seems like every time I sit down to work on it, I come up with another idea I want to test out for inclusion. =)

I'll still be working on our overarching class/ability improvements in the meantime, as well. The most "complete" partially coded/tested new skills I have currently are for the barbarian, marauder, and paladin, so those are likely to come soon (no promises as usual, hehe). Over-100% masteries are always on the table and in development as well.

5 comments:

  1. Gotta make you understand

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't want to sound like i don't appreciate your work. but just want to say, hasn't there be much work put into marauders and barbarians already? Many other classes are still waiting for their turn. Maybe a hint if the imms are intending to look into other classes that are way outdated and maybe a schedule?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh and that was me as anonymous didn't know how to set it now i do i believe....testing?

    (as you can see i put my name in as an account that i'm not saying that to deter or mock the hardwork, just honest input hopefully doesn't come over as an a*ho)

    ReplyDelete
  4. also realize izzral that the barb changes previously was straight up a tone until I can train insanity/havoc over 250%. anyways, my 2 cents

    ReplyDelete
  5. Only monstrous fury was a tone (a big one, given the insane previous scaling and the fact that literally every barbarian was that subclass, but a necessary one). Insanity and havoc were straight buffs in every way. Ruan strategy was a straight buff. Berserker's focus was a small straight buff for the wee folk. =)

    Regardless, this is the dilemma: everyone thinks their class is the worst and they have a rock-solid argument to justify it. It's a sarcastic generalization, but it's not far from the truth a lot of the time.

    This is my advice: if I make changes to a class other than yours, don't take it as a slight to your own class. There are a *lot* of classes out there and a *lot* of work to do. I won't be ignoring any class, but with 18 base classes and 90 major remort subclasses, you're going to have your heart broken statistically 94.4-98.8% of the time if it upsets you when I work on a class other than your own. =)

    People need to keep an open mind, as well. I see a lot of incorrect assumptions and sometimes outright falsehoods thrown around in class arguments. I do test literally *every* change I make, and I have cultivated a lot of methods and info in doing so over time. I'm not always right - I'm just a guy and I'm wrong a lot, and I'm always up for fixing something if I don't get it right the first time. On the other hand, however, the player needs to understand that sometimes there is a good reason behind a decision they dislike, and that there is a possibility that they aren't approaching their perceived weaknesses with an open mind. Nodeka's a big game, there's a lot of options. =)

    ReplyDelete