Monday, May 11, 2009

Blessed are the cheesemakers

Blessing of the meek is pretty rockin'. =) It's a new fallad/daja spell which basically gives hope to the weak and the face-ganked. It caps incoming damage; the lower your hp, the lower the damage cap, meaning you take less. Works great on folks who are being seriously oppressed, or on people who just don't have a lot of hp training yet. (It's also super-fast preventionwise if used on someone smaller than you.)

It's a really good effect; the recipient can be made pretty resilient at low hp. Because it's a damage cap affect (per attack), massive damage increases such as rite of virility aren't gonna help bust through it much; on the other hand, increasing the number of attack sources (e.g. with radiant awakening or just saving a bunch of kick-style preventless attacks) can ruin their day.

There are other pros and cons to it, but I'll leave it to our friendly neighborhood healer classes to play with. =)

The Scar is coming along. I have the AI in a semi-functional state - it's very exciting to see the gears start to turn in my local testing. It might sound a bit silly, but the point where I can boot up a new event/area and actually interact with the NPCs is always a big deal for me - it's like they're coming to life Pinocchio-style. (I'm sure that's not creepy at all.) Right now, the big challenge is making the whole event reboot-proof (the way the Trials resume after a reboot).

This week, unfortunately, is going to be a heavy one for me in terms of rl responsibilities, and so I'm pretty stuck for time until this weekend; I'd expect the Scar to take at least another week or two before it's release-ready.

2 comments:

  1. So how well would this work against say Elsa or Pains masters without the pains affect?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Serenity, that is an excellent point, and one which I overlooked in the implementation. I'm fixing that as we speak - thanks bud. =)

    ReplyDelete