Saturday, April 25, 2009

Back in action

Vacation's over! I've updated live with a few mastery-over-100% improvements (stance of symmetry for you monk lovers out there, and shadow cast for those who prefer basements and shady alleys).

Work continues on the Divide. In the meantime, the next live update will likely be mastery-over-100% improvements for some subset of: druid, nojohr, sorcerer (simply because these are the most thoroughly tested updates I have on local so far.) Keep in mind that it may not be all of the above at once, and I'm going to fit the new paladin stuff in there somewhere as well.

I have some cool stuff tested for valkyries as well, but despite their handful of issues, they do have some excellent scaling beyond 100% with their current skill set. To be honest, I have a lot of potential abilities that are simply on "indefinite hold" simply because their base classes scale exceedingly well - classes such as warlock, poliir, marauder, and the like. Should I be looking at reining in the more egregiously overpowered skills so that I can develop each class on an even keel, or simply let them slide at the cost of a drought of updates for those classes? A tough dilemma. Thoughts?

5 comments:

  1. I like the idea of rebalancing any out of line abilities sooner rather than later. Certain abilities will ultimately need to be toned, even when considering a boost to other classes. Doing so sooner will allow for more "honest" development of classes and balancing of stats, gear, and abilities of all other classes. Just imho. Plus, it's always nice to have the mud as a whole balanced sooner rather than later.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have always been in favour of the improving classes to the standard of the considered OP classes over the tone route.
    Some of the classes are OP simply because a few have had access to a huge amount of platinum to throw at practices and IMHO those who do not have the platinum are decidedly ordinary and so tones based on those few chars are harsh.
    Now leaving those classes alone and giving the younger generation the hope to attain those heights while making other classes better so they to in that time become the equal to the OP classes of today is much better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Will Dark Protection get mastery-over-100% like bless?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think the main concern right now would be updating classes, there is alot of outdated classes as it stands, and alot of skills/spells that can be prac'ed over 100% that scale horribly or not at all after a certain point, I think thats a main issue, 2nd I think implementing new zones would be nice, I know theres a shortage of builders, but do the new people know they can apply to build? 3rd I'd say with the 3 main immortals they do a good job but are extremly busy, I think global events would draw crowds, IE give rare crafted things away for sigils, whether scraps or eq, maybe up the plat, or rp? Anything that would draw more than 5-6 people into a sigil cit. Those would be my 3 major concerns atm

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah, balancing or updating classes is big. I think making skills trainable over 100% is a quick fix that will keep people training for awhile to come.

    Also with more interactivity is great. Cits, events, whatever it may be. Anything to get people off their scripts and typing again :)

    ReplyDelete